On this day trip, you will hike on the Marangu Route up to Mandara Hut for lunch. You will NOT reach the summit.
All short treks are offered on a private basis, and you can start on any day of the year.
The short treks are geared for people who like to hike but reaching the summit isn’t a “must do”, and allow one to experience the excitement of hiking on the highest peak on the African continent.
All trekking inside of the Tanzania National Park require the services of a certified Kilimanjaro guide, and the Marangu route is the only route where short treks are allowed.
Details tour Itinerary
After breakfast at your hotel, you will meet your guide, drive to the Kilimanjaro National Park Gate (about 1 hour), register and commence the climb.
Walk through the rainforest to the Mandara encampment. A side trip to Maundi Crater is a good way to see the surroundings including Northern Tanzania and Kenya. In the rain-forest, look for towering Eucalyptus trees, bird life, and Colobus monkeys.
After lunch, hike back to park gate and drive back to Moshi.
- Elevation: 1860m/6100ft to 2700m/8875ft
- Distance: 8km/5mi
- Hiking Time: 3-4 hours up / 2-3 hours down
- Habitat: Montane Forest
- Meals: L
- National Park gate fees
- Transport from Moshi to starting point on mountain and return to Moshi
- Certified, experienced, English-speaking guide
- Tips for guide
- Airport transfers
- Accommodation and meals in Moshi
- Personal expenses (visas, airport taxes, Internet, etc.)